Thread: clx 100 combo

Default clx 100 combo

Heres my new clx that dont look too bad from the front... the photo doesnt do the colour justice but i whack some more on later.. some before and after resto shots.. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Heres my new clx that dont look too bad from the front... the photo doesnt do the colour justice but i whack some more on later.. some before and after resto shots.. cheers
    Sweet...can't even see any of the damage the transportation caused. What other VHT goodies do i see there? Is that a 2x12 FB cab? I was thinking of ordering a D212 cab when the new speakers come out...

yeh im relieved the grill cloth is pretty much ok (it was mint though.. itrimmed a few scuffs up least theres no rips .. how hard would that be to replace... shizer!) the backs another story got about 5 pretty big rips and both side/ back corners are stuffed as well and a big rip in the bottom.. ill put some pics on before i get the new tolex.. yeh thats the very swEEt sounding vht 4x10 alnico eminance cab next to it which might be coming up for sale with the 50 st head soon .. i ithink the clx will cover most of the tones i love in the st so ill prob let it go to get the fatass 2x12 (yeh baby!) and pay some more of the old credit card..

Default how about not..

well bought this thinking it was a 100clx but have found out its actually a 100 classic which is a totally different amp i assume?

Even better? The Classics are the predessessors of the CLX and UL....highly collectable if i'm not mistaken. How'd you find that out?

I noticed that the manual i downloaded and something else i was readin has the clx as a different model (g100clx..mines c100cr) and it has different tube setup 12au and at7 s plus that pentode triode mode i found are all classic features from readin the h/c reviews ..+ come to think of it it says classic in small writing in the vht logo on the bottom to.. i looked into it more and found out they stopped calling them classics cause peavey had the classic range ..(quite a funny thread look for clx manuel ) hence they became the clx.. so dont matter..like you say its just an earlier model.. swEEt