Thread: PB45 arrived - my actual email to seller

1. Default PB45 arrived - my actual email to seller

Mark,

The amp arrived today! I had to go the Fedex center and pick it up because you required a signature. After playing it for a while you should have required a DNA sample.

It wasn't what I was looking for. I was looking for a Brown Sound hyper sensitive amp. It is much better. It is very lively and the tones are endless. The pick response that I read about cannot be overstated, the amp is completely responsive to how you play each and every string. The damn thing has 10 tubes! I guess that is what creates the signal variability. As far as that over the top super hyper amp I was looking for? I strongly believe I am better off with this singing bird and and slapping some noise in front of it when I feel I need it than to have a one trick pony. This amp is so active it virtually plays the guitar for me.

As far as my Marshall combo goes, it is now pointless unless I ship it somewhere and have it mod'ed (maybe Boccaforte??), but I need to do a lot of research. If VHT can mod it I might keep it. The Marshall really just sounded loud and that was about it.

Thanks,

Don

Question

Are you talking about the Pitbull 45 combo? You mean ten tubes overall or just the preamp?Sorry just a little confused.

3. Default

Hi, yes the Pitbull combo 1-12. I counted 10 total tubes glowing in the back.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Hacker
    The Marshall really just sounded loud and that was about it.
    Don
    LOL

Man, I feel ya. I have a Super Thirty combo, and while it isn't the gainiest of amps, I'd rather have the great dynamics and pure tone and boost it, as well. Glad you like the amp!

6. Default

Thanks Monkey Man! I am trying to determine what to use to kick gain. I tried my Weber power soak, but found it muddied the tone. What do you use and how do you feel about it?

I use a Maxon reissue OD808 type thingy, and it works really well. Basically a Tube Screamer. I use it as a clean boost just to get a little more ooomph and sustain.