PDA

View Full Version : Line6 Pod XT Live

Super30
12-23-2004, 01:29 AM
My new Pod XT Live arrives tommorrow and I'll let you guys know how it sounds through my Super 30. I would really like to build an arsenal of hand made effects, but the XT Live was just to tempting.

rbone100
12-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Please give us a review!

Super30
12-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Well, I've messed around with the XT Live for a couple of days now and my preliminary judgement is: It is pretty cool. Of course, the actual effects that this unit is modeling will sound a bit different, and most likely, a little better. However, for $399 it does a great job of covering a lot of bases for my needs. I've been able to dial in some nice delays and mod effects and it has some good options for clean-boosting my Super 30 into nuclear meltdown if I decide I need it. Of all of the fuzz/distortion effects, I would say that the Arbiter Fuzzface model sounds the best to me so far.

I have to say that the tweakability on this unit is incredible. I have messed with a Flextone III before, and this thing has so much more to offer in the way of molding your sound. I cannot comment on the amp models since I don't intend to use them, but from my past experience with Line6's amp modeler offerings, I would bet that they sound pretty nice.

Scott Peterson
01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Cool! I have been running the XTL since it first came out; I find it a *Great* box.

I like it for the effects now; but I have run it direct to the PA and it works great in that context too for what it does. At the very least, in that role, it is a back up amp.

But I am most comfortable with it at this juncture running it as an all in one effects box and it does great. I *love* that you can tap tempo tremelo and delay and chorus; man that is cool. The wah is okay; using it as a boost is great. Simply put - with a silent tuner in there to boot - it is a great solution to my huge boutique pedal setup I ran last year.

I dig it!

vant45
03-26-2005, 09:56 PM
My new Pod XT Live arrives tommorrow and I'll let you guys know how it sounds through my Super 30. I would really like to build an arsenal of hand made effects, but the XT Live was just to tempting.

OK, before going out and buying a whole bunch of pedals, just had to try the new POD XT FB if not only for the efficient packaging. Result: Just like eating twice frozen food. Although it was somewhat cool/usefull/size efficient inspiring on it's own, it for me cheapened the honesty out the Pittbull 45 down more than a few notches. This when via direct or though the effects loop. Had the same experience with a POD 2.0 although the XL was bit (20%) better tone wise.

Ultimately, still went out and got the basic pedal standards and no doubt, "really kicks" with individual pedals in their respective loops. (duh) should have known.....