PDA

View Full Version : VHT cabinets.. 412 & Fatbottom 412?

Duke of Metal
12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
hey guys,
regarding VHT's 412 (and 212) cabinets, they all have their Eminence made P50E speakers.. no?

if thats the case, whats the difference between the "standard" 412 and the Fatbottom 412 cabinet size and tone wise? I guess the same applies for the 212.

how much do they sell for used (both of the 412s and 212s of both models)?

Any info would help.

Cheers

Pace
12-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I've only compared the Fat Bottoms with the Deliverance cab. I went with the Deliverance cab because I think it has more of a solid thick sound for metal. Both cabs go for $750-$800. Both are great cabs, much better than the Mesa Boogies and Marshalls ( Atleast for Metal.)

Duke of Metal
12-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I've only compared the Fat Bottoms with the Deliverance cab. I went with the Deliverance cab because I think it has more of a solid thick sound for metal. Both cabs go for $750-$800. Both are great cabs, much better than the Mesa Boogies and Marshalls ( Atleast for Metal.)
Thanks Pace,
Is the Deliverance cab bigger then the Fatbottom 412 cab?

would you be able to give me a mini low down on how both cabinets sound?

Thanks

lenni
12-31-2005, 10:11 AM
From what I understand all the regular 4x12 cabs are Fatbottom (except the Deliverance). So Fatbottom is only an option on 2x12 cabs... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Duke of Metal
01-01-2006, 01:59 AM
From what I understand all the regular 4x12 cabs are Fatbottom (except the Deliverance). So Fatbottom is only an option on 2x12 cabs... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
thanks Lenni. maybe i'll look into VHT 412 cabinets in the near future to match along with my VHT 2/50/2 poweramp. :grin:

Cheers

Pace
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
The VHT cabs sounded very similar, both very tight and clear. The bottom end is thunderous but not sloppy. I was playing some Deftones when i was trying out the Deliverance cab. Everyone asked what I was tuned down to because the bottom end had such a nice "chug" sound. I told them that I was still in E and eveyone was surprised. The mids & highs are bright and can be heard very nicely. That's what I liked most about VHT cabs, every note is distinctive and not blurred together like alot of other cabs. Both VHT cabs are the best cabs you can get in my opinion. I might get the fat bottom cab to complete a full stack and to get a full sound with both cabs.

Duke of Metal
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Thats again Pace.. maybe i'll start looking into the fatbottom VHT 412 cabinets in the near future.

Cheers

Joe
01-04-2006, 02:59 AM
>From what I understand all the regular 4x12 cabs are Fatbottom (except the Deliverance). So Fatbottom is only an option on 2x12 cabs... someone correct me if I'm wrong

I think longer ago VHT made FB and non FB cabs. I know at least they did for the 2X12's as you mention. I thought they made a different 4X12 a while ago as well.

The difference in the 2X12 is the reduced front and back dimensions and greater depth. The current Fat Bottom 4X12's have the same deeper demension as the FB 2x12 does. They are sealed back and have great low end while being very tight.

The Deliverence cabs are supposed to be looser and have more leakage to give you that older style more woody tone. I don't know if they are screw back or sealed back. Anybody know?

Duke of Metal
01-04-2006, 03:58 AM
now i've read couple of reviews and some postings on different places saying that the VHT 412 cabs are seriously bright sounding.

anybody can comment on that?

Cheers

Kelly
01-04-2006, 05:04 PM
>From what I understand all the regular 4x12 cabs are Fatbottom (except the Deliverance). So Fatbottom is only an option on 2x12 cabs... someone correct me if I'm wrong

I think longer ago VHT made FB and non FB cabs. I know at least they did for the 2X12's as you mention. I thought they made a different 4X12 a while ago as well.

The difference in the 2X12 is the reduced front and back dimensions and greater depth. The current Fat Bottom 4X12's have the same deeper demension as the FB 2x12 does. They are sealed back and have great low end while being very tight.

The Deliverence cabs are supposed to be looser and have more leakage to give you that older style more woody tone. I don't know if they are screw back or sealed back. Anybody know?Back is probably the same. A different front baffle affects the sound greatly, that's probably what they changed.

Pace
01-06-2006, 04:13 AM
The Deliverance cabs are sealed backs with front mounted speakers. As far as the VHT cabs sounding bright, I would say that it's a good thing. Bright does not mean thin and tinty sounding. It's bright and clear with a deep bottom. I've tested many different cabs ranging from Crates, Line 6, B52's to Mesa and Marshall cabs. VHT kicks ass by far.

Duke of Metal
01-06-2006, 09:59 AM
The Deliverance cabs are sealed backs with front mounted speakers. As far as the VHT cabs sounding bright, I would say that it's a good thing. Bright does not mean thin and tinty sounding. It's bright and clear with a deep bottom. I've tested many different cabs ranging from Crates, Line 6, B52's to Mesa and Marshall cabs. VHT kicks ass by far.
Thanks Pace.. Unfortunaly I may have to pass on purchasing a VHT cab at the moment since I was told by a VHT authorized dealer that their price was raised by VHT.

Unless I can find a local seller, I am most likely to wait for a while to get one.

Cheers