View Full Version : Reverb for Pittbull UL

10-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Has anyone found a great rack reverb that works well in the effects loop. I was thinking about a PCM60 or PCM80?

03-21-2006, 03:47 AM
never heard of em.

04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I use the TC Electronics G-Force.... though I don't know if they still make that model.... they seem to be making a cheaper version of it these days. UL effects loop is then run in series and I mix the dry and wet signal inside the TC.... that seems to be the most transparent way of doing it to my ears.

The reverb in the unit is quite flexible.... lots of parameters to play with. I then control the TC via Digital Music Corp pedalboard.

Sean Meredith-Jones

06-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Using a Lexicon MPX-1. Reverb may not be as good as the lexicon reverb only rack mounts but for a effects rack mount with endless effects possibilities...this reverb is as good as it gets.

06-21-2006, 05:33 AM
I have a Lexicon MPX-1 and it works perfect, very transparent, high quality and no noise. Switching lag of about half a sec.

The PCM's are the best reverb you can buy, totally untouchable. They're also incredibly reliable, so I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up off of eBay if cost was an issue. You can pick up the legendary PCM70 for like $500 now. TC electronic's do have slightly more lush-sounding chorus-based effects imo.

08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
... the TC Electronics M-One or D-Two should work great. TC also makes the G-Major which is a pretty sweet-sounding box and has some channel switching capabilities. All that stuff is under $500.

That's kind of crazy/awesome to use a PCM <i>anything</i>, or really any other expensive studio box, on an effects loop. I'm all about having them in the studio, but it's sort of overkill for about any live enviornment - especially considering most of the time a soundguy is going to gate/squish/process your signal however he feels like anyway.

Try the cheaper "pro-sumer" stuff and see how it works. Good luck.

08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
They still made it last I checked, but they came out with a new, even more insane floor-based system that sounds pretty rad.

I had a G-Force once and I loved it, but I never used even a third of its delicious power.

12-16-2006, 10:28 AM
I"m using the vanamps sole-mate
Dwell and Output controls
Accutronics® Spring reverb unit
AC power adaptor

Dim. 10"w x 6"d x 2" h
Weight 2 lbs.

Coverings: Vintage Tweed, Vintage Black, Vintage Cream, Vintage Brown.
Custom colors (special order): British Red, Snake Skin, Royal Purple, Elephant Hide Black, and British Black.