PDA

View Full Version : New To VHT, Pittbull Issue/Questions

UConnjack
10-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi,

Landed my first VHT yesterday, it's a 2001 Pittbull 45, 1x12 combo. Came well packed with the tubes pulled. Also included the 2 sheet manual and the tube description sheet. I just want to be sure I put the tubes in the correct locations.

It's all clear except the location of the EF86 and Phase Inverter Tube. I put them in with the EF86 closest to the Right side (Rear view) and the PI tube closest to the EL84 Quad. Just wanted to confirm that.

Ran the amp for about an hour then it started cutting out. Got a little static-y and lost volume. Feels/sounds like I need to clean the tube sockets? I'm going to try than tonight. Happens intermittently, then goes away, and the volume comes back.

I'm also curious if this is self-biasing? If not, can anyone advise on the procedure and recommended current/voltage settings?

Aside from all that, the amp sounds great, looking forward to getting to know it better.

I appreciate anybody's insight and help in this issue. I'd also like to hear others experience with this amp, good or bad.

Thanks in advance.
UJ

SteveVHT
10-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I forget which ones are the PI etc...
But give them a call over at VHT...
Someone will get back to you...
Steve

UConnjack
10-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks Steve,

I received a response directly from VHT. Appreciate the help.

UJ