PDA

View Full Version : Used my CLX head with the band last night!

rbone100
12-19-2004, 12:54 PM
I used my CLX head for the first time last night--INCREDIBLE! I tried using the same setting as my CLX combo but I had to tweak the head to the Mesa Recto 4x12 cab. I like the Eminence speaker that are in my combo better than the V30's that are loaded in the Recto. Anyone want to trade a VHT cab for a Recto?? :?

Now I am on a quest to get a VHT cab! :twisted:

J.B.
12-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Good to hear you're liking it. I found a huge difference going to a VHT cab with the Eminece P50's. I love that cab.

Rayneman
12-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I don't really like my CLX with my Recto cab - I much prefer my Marshall cab with 75 watters.

What are your impressions of the Graphic EQ - are you always going to use it, or only for certain things?

Though its much different, I couldn't imagine using my Mark IV without its EQ, but I can't imagine my CLX sounding better than it alread does!?!

On another note, I used my new-to-me Ecstasy 101A this past weekend for the first time. It was, as I suspected, unbelievable. The VHTs and Bogners are killer amps!

rbone100
12-21-2004, 08:19 AM
I really haven't had a chance to experiment with the EQ fully. I did set the switch to manual and hit it a few times and it gave me an increase in "Thud" which moved my pants leg--The way I had it set. The EQ is a great feature and I hope to experiment with it more. I will probably use the EQ on a song to song basis and not leave it on the entire time.

Ralphie