PDA

View Full Version : New Fryette Project on Facebook

support
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Check out our new prototype project on the Fryette facebook page :)
http://www.facebook.com/FryetteAmps

Cam
07-27-2012, 02:43 AM
cool .. i dont have facebook but had a squiz ...are they tube sockets , is this a mini amp project ?? lookin good !

LTD Deluxe H-1001
07-27-2012, 03:12 AM
cool .. i dont have facebook but had a squiz ...are they tube sockets , is this a mini amp project ?? lookin good !

Probably is. Or perhaps a preamp? I didnt look at the pic too closely. Lunch box amps are kinda getting tiresome, but Fryette and Mesa [and maybe Carvin] are the only ones to do it in a way that doesnt/wont sacrifice tone to be smaller.

danut
07-27-2012, 05:08 AM
I wonder if it's the long awaited 1U rackmount power amp...

stephen sawall
07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Flat....

HellfireSG
07-27-2012, 05:11 PM
they said it wasn't the power amp....unless that was to throw us off the trail...lol

HellfireSG
07-27-2012, 05:16 PM
this is their quote from Facebook:
Nice to see a lot of anticipation for the LXII. The bad news is, this isn't the LXII. The good news is, the LXII has allready been released to production :) Keep the guesses coming!

stephen sawall
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
If not a poweramp....

My guess from the second photo is a bass amp ... maybe with tube preamp ?

fetishfrog
07-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Updated valvulator?

HellfireSG
07-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Updated valvulator?

could be, but they said it was going to fit underneath a pedal board if i remember correctly.... that looks like a full 1U rack piece

wulf
07-27-2012, 10:56 PM
my extremely hopeful guess would be a 1u preamp. could be a 1u rackhead (think the R&R solo) but I'm guessing they would go bigger than 1u.

HopkinWFG
07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
this is their quote from Facebook:
Nice to see a lot of anticipation for the LXII. The bad news is, this isn't the LXII. The good news is, the LXII has allready been released to production :) Keep the guesses coming!

been told on facebook.. but whats a LXII ? care to eleborate?

Giga
07-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I think it's a switching device; looper, amp switcher, power supply and a build in valvulator...

Giga

stephen sawall
07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
been told on facebook.. but whats a LXII ? care to eleborate?:)Looks like I will be using my rack more again ...Found this on Rig Talk ...

" Fryette LXII - 1u rackmount 40w stereo/80 watt mono bridgeable 6L6 power amp.

*NEW FOR 2012* LXII LOW PROFILE STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER
Delivers 40 watts per channel in a SINGLE RACK SPACE! This low profile 6L6 dynamo meets
today’s demanding player’s requirements for a compact, lightweight all tube amplifier that
produces flat response for modeling preamps or guitar voiced response for rack rigs and
slaving applications. Only 12 inches deep and weighs 20 pounds! Switchable to 80 watts mono!

• 40 WATTS PER CHANNEL STEREO • FLAT (FRFR) OR ENHANCED VOICING
• BRIDGE MONO MODE • SINGLE RACK SPACE "

Next guess on the new product is a "mini Deliverance" type thing.

HellfireSG
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Fryette was pretty vocal on not making a 'mini' type amp.....although i'd sure like one

wulf
07-30-2012, 09:42 PM
I think it's a switching device; looper, amp switcher, power supply and a build in valvulator...

Giga

They did post a picture of a switcher from the 80s just before posting the pictures of their prototype... but I really hope its something more. 1u preamp and I will be in love.

DeathMonkey
07-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I thought I saw a pic w/12AX7s and a pair of power amp tubes.... Deathmonkey sig mebbe? :D

HellfireSG
08-01-2012, 11:28 PM
man, i have questions....
is one person building this, or a team? who is building it? who came up with the "rules" for the build? is this a normal thing you guys do at the shop, build stuff like this for fun?.....pretty rad! trying to figure it out is fun :)

sfryette
08-02-2012, 01:45 AM
is one person building this, or a team?

Everybody is involved in various bits and pieces, just like a production run. The difference is that it's totally from scratch and there is no master plan. Just a general concept and outline in my head. I can change my mind anytime.

who came up with the "rules" for the build?

The "rules" are an extension of my design philosophy combined with a directive to follow absolute spontaneity. I believe that an idea grows its own legs as it makes its way from the mental concept to the material world. There's a time to push and form ideas and a time to allow oneself to be pushed and formed by them. There are also universal rules that apply - necessity is the mother of invention. Being resourceful is an extension of that. Leaving room in the concept for embellishment creates necessity, which is resolved by being inventive.

is this a normal thing you guys do at the shop, build stuff like this for fun? :)

This is fun, but it's not necessarily FOR fun. It's an exercise in spontaneity and imagination. It's also a challenge to make something happen without all of the trappings of typical design procedure. Commissioning custom parts from suppliers, designing a product entirely in CAD, working out as many design bugs as possible on the virtual design, and assembling all of the finished pieces like a puzzle to see if it works is one way to do things. This can take months or even years. Taking an idea in the mental now and transposing it directly into the material now means acting out all of the processes and procedures in real time, evaluating progress, doing final assembly and troubleshooting simultaneously. Doing it with a product idea that is a little afield of our normal MO keeps it interesting. Doing it "live" on facebook is a bit like a band writing a song live in front of an audience. Having a time limit insures it will get done quickly. Getting it done is as important as what it is. It's not really a guessing contest. I have an idea that I think has legs, but is still malleable. I'd like people to see how we think and work, and the feedback we get could conceivably help push the idea one way or another.

HellfireSG
08-02-2012, 01:07 PM
VERY cool! thanks Steve, for the responce! It's fun to see this progressing, and to get a little insight into the thought process as well! :)

DeathMonkey
08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
This is completely why Fryette is my favorite amp company :D

sfryette
08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
In case you're wondering why the new project went silent, it's just temporary. It's turning out to be much more interesting than I ever imagined (and I could use a couple of hours shut-eye). Bear with us a bit while I get a few things ironed out - and prepare to have the top of your heads blown off. This I promise!

mikeydgtr
08-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Take your time Steve, Good things come to those who wait!! so PLEASE .... hurry up now :):):)

Giga
08-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Aha ! A tube-trimmer !

Giga

HellfireSG
08-13-2012, 01:31 AM
rad!

stephen sawall
08-13-2012, 07:39 AM
This is interesting ....

Kelly
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Q: How do you keep a bunch of gear nerds in suspense...

HellfireSG
09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
any updates? :)

support
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
When the project started, it was going to be a running story on FB until completed. Once Steve realized the importance of what was coming together, he got us together and we discussed the downside of going suddenly silent vs prematurely releasing info about something that's turning out to be pretty cool, to put it very mildly.

So there will be another instalment soon. Unfortunately, that's all I can say right now.

Sorry! Let he who is without new toys cast the first stone :)

HellfireSG
09-10-2012, 06:53 PM
no worries....i just really enjoyed following...i'll keep an eye out for the next update

Kelly
09-25-2012, 07:11 PM
It's a power amp for wet/dry/slaving rigs. It eliminates the need for plugging into a direct box, then modulation effects, then a bulky power amp. Just take a speaker out from your amp into it, and use the effects loop of this new power amp for your delays/reverbs/etc. With just your amp head, speaker cab, and 2 space rack (one space for the power amp, one for an effects processor) you can now have a simple, club ready wet/dry rig- just like the pros! Anyway, that's the unfounded rumor I'm starting.