PDA

View Full Version : Shifting channels with the G-System

jesper
09-16-2005, 11:21 AM
The G-System has a 4 stringed relay that can switch the channels on my Pitbull 45. In one end I need a TRS-jack and in the other i need a 6-pin DIN.
Which part of the DIN controls what in the amp? I mean ring pins etc:

Scott Peterson
09-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I am running my VHT PIttbull 50/ST with the G-System; but am using the CFX-4 from Mario at Axess Electronics.

He might have the pin-out if VHT won't get it for you.

FWIW, the CFX/VHT is a killer combination. The CFX uses simple midi program changes to work and it works perfectly.

lenni
09-22-2005, 09:25 AM
I am running my VHT PIttbull 50/ST with the G-System; but am using the CFX-4 from Mario at Axess Electronics.

He might have the pin-out if VHT won't get it for you.

FWIW, the CFX/VHT is a killer combination. The CFX uses simple midi program changes to work and it works perfectly.

Same here: CFX + 50ST = pure magic. Best investment since the amp itsself :grin:

jesper
10-06-2005, 08:53 AM
I mailed VHT for a pin-out yesterday. I think there was one in the original owners manual on the backside.

jesper
10-07-2005, 04:15 AM
VHT hasnt answered yet. I pretty sure the lay out was on on the back page of the original owners manual. Has anybody got one with the pin out?

romvert
10-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, does the G-system have a intelligent pitch shift or is it just a switching system?

jesper
10-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Here is a link for you

www.tcelectronic.com

Its an excelent machine.

VHT hasnt answered me yet and i must say their service is down the drain.
Other small manufacturers like Koch have managed to to send their pin-outs/instructions to TC-electronic and instructions on how to control your amp with the relays are are up on the TC homepage. Im beginning to think Assumer is right. How hard can it be to mail me the pin-out an pdf up here.The bad service of VHT is gonna cost me some needless extra bread to a tech. They run 60-70 bucks an hour.

jesper
10-10-2005, 06:21 AM
The TC homepage have instructions from Mesa, Marshall, Fender, Laney, H&K, Carvin and Koch. From some of these their are even different instructions. VHT cant come up with an answer in 2 weeks????????

sfryette
10-10-2005, 04:46 PM
The TC homepage have instructions from Mesa, Marshall, Fender, Laney, H&K, Carvin and Koch. From some of these their are even different instructions. VHT cant come up with an answer in 2 weeks????????

A timely reply was sent to your email which was received 1 week ago, not two. The reply bounced. A second attempt was made and it seems to have gone through although we have not received an acknowledgement from you.

Also this info was sent to TC, though they did not request it. I do not know why it is not up on their site yet, but I imagine it takes time.

As always, we advise reading the following before posting flames.
http://www.vhtusers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323

jesper
10-11-2005, 05:49 AM
I recieved the pin-out from Steve Fryette today.
I sincerely regret that all this aperantly is my is my own fault. I'll imidiately have my webmaster/tech look into my exchange server. I have no idea why Steves mail has bounced. It's very embarassing and I'm sorry for the unfair flaming or other bad impressions I've caused.

jesper
11-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Id like to inform everybody that a couple of days ago i mailed Steve that the emerald green light and the 6-pin DIN in the chasis of my 45 had broken. Steve responded imidiately. New ones are forwarded through the German distributer. In the light of my earlier unjustified complaints in this thread and this new event I will say I m left with a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
Thanx
Jesper