PDA

View Full Version : Little Giant+D412 lead

John John
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Love my Sig:X but damn it's loud, haha! So as of late I've been soooooo f%cking over playing through amp models at home, I finally broke down and picked up a Blackheart Little Giant off ebay for a practice amp... ironically I haven't bought a small enough cab to bring it home and actually practice but that's not what this thread is about! I'm sure many of you are in a similar situation, so here's a link to a tune my friend wrote/recorded, I played/recorded the lead, then mixed and mastered, hope you like what you hear (lead starts around 3:00 if that's all you're interested in):

LINK: Hard Thing (http://soundcloud.com/johndelorme/hardthing)

SICK tone if you ask me. It's a LP through my newly acquired Little Giant and a VHT D412 of course. The LG did need a little help: a Modded TS9, an EH Memory Man w/ Hazarai, a VHT/Fryette D412, and 2 choice mic's (bet you can't guess), but no EQ or comp on the lead channels (just a bit of verb).

Thanks for listening and feedback is always welcomed!

John

Cam
07-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Nice one ...and the lead sounds pretty cool, must be the cab haha nah, thought i needed a low volume amp to and got an Egnater Tweaker combo , though my Classic still sounded better at the same volume (and was of course still more tweakable), so it was gone within the week..

konsul
07-13-2011, 08:10 AM
SICK tone if you ask me.
Sick...but cool, sure to be a hit ;-)

stephen sawall
07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Really enjoyed that one ....

John John
07-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks for listening :)

Cam: no doubt a lot of it had to do with the cab, haha! It seems like everything I put through it sounds bigger, fatter, and just plain better!

Cam
07-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks for listening :)

Cam: no doubt a lot of it had to do with the cab, haha! It seems like everything I put through it sounds bigger, fatter, and just plain better!

..yeh im real keen on the D212 , one of these days , btw whats the answer to riddle on the bottom on your sig? do they have an album called out Hysteria? lol ...

John John
07-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Highlight the blank area between the arrow and the smiley face and the answer is revealed ;)

Cam
07-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Highlight the blank area between the arrow and the smiley face and the answer is revealed ;)

Aha .. i was correct , i really liked the Hysteria album when it came out 20 years or so ago :oops:, though if i listened to it now i would probably throw up or fall asleep or both .. :)