PDA

View Full Version : Boost/overdrive/distortion pedals that will not cut off low end frequency

goodybear
05-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone, I've tried several pedals in front of my 50cl, to be honest I'm impressed with some of them. However, all of the pedals cut the low end frequency, it's very transparent when I'm using the high gain for metal riffs. Some pedals I've tried are: Ibanez tube screamers (all models except ts808hw), Fulltone OCD, most Boss distortion/overdrive products, MXR Wylde Overdrive, and a few other that I can't remember the name. If anyone here knows a good pedal that doesn't cut the low frequency of your amp, let us know your experience. Oh btw, I'm currently using OCD and it does the job well of giving more saturation to the high gain channel, but still cuts the low frequency a bit. Thanks

thelonious
05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
hey goody,

i have a Memphis 30 and a PB45 so take this fwiw, but the Xotic RC Boost is the best clean boost i have tried for my amps and my style(s). there are seperate treble and bass controls so i can tweak it to the room or make it pretty transparent - with no loss of bass for me. i tried many and the RC came out on top.

mike

goodybear
05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
hey goody,

i have a Memphis 30 and a PB45 so take this fwiw, but the Xotic RC Boost is the best clean boost i have tried for my amps and my style(s). there are seperate treble and bass controls so i can tweak it to the room or make it pretty transparent - with no loss of bass for me. i tried many and the RC came out on top.

mike

Cool man, I was gonna go with BB preamp (Andy Timmons model or older model) and I heard they are great pedals. I'll check out the RC booster as well. Thanks for the info

Cam
05-07-2011, 04:48 AM
check out a Joe Bodenhammer "bloody murder " o/d if you can, wont cut your bottom end out, might be a bit hard to find but they pop up 2nd from time to time, seems lotsa seven string downtune BrOOtalz playerz swear by them...(you can read about it on sevenstring..lordOVchaos is the maker) i like it cause its also got a great drive sound when used on the clean channel.. and relay switchable if you chose..never tried the xotic so cant compare

Ex-Mesa
05-14-2011, 01:34 AM
I have the common pedals (OCD, TS9, RC Boost, etc) but the one with most bass is the little Marshall Guv'nor. It has a bass and a deep control. Colors more than the others, and is dark when its gain is low, but it has the most serious bump. But they all stay on my shelf. I use the Aphex Xciter and a Zoom Ultra Fuzz,

goodybear
05-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the input guys. That Bloody Murder seems to be really hard to find, I need to try this pedal.

Cam
05-25-2011, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=goodybear;21830]Thanks for the input guys. That Bloody Murder seems to be really hard to find, I need to try this pedal.[/QUOTE Im going to order the Boostassio soon ,if i really like it ,i might let the Bloody murder go ,ill keep ya posted if you have no luck between now n then..

goodybear
05-26-2011, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=goodybear;21830]Thanks for the input guys. That Bloody Murder seems to be really hard to find, I need to try this pedal.[/QUOTE Im going to order the Boostassio soon ,if i really like it ,i might let the Bloody murder go ,ill keep ya posted if you have no luck between now n then..

Cool man, let me know!

Cam
05-31-2011, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=Cam;21858]

Cool man, let me know!

Pm sent..