PDA

View Full Version : Morley Little Alligator

Giga
12-16-2004, 09:33 AM
I tried using this in the loop of my UL and that definately didn't work out. It was fine when using the clean channel but on the rhythm and the leadchannel all tone was lost when lowering the volume.

Now I have a "normal" volumepedal in the loop (Boss FV100) and that works fine. A tiny loss of highs but nothing to worry about.

Giga.

SteveVHT
12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Morley pedals are tone sucking POS's.
They have the wrong pot in them to begin with. But since Steve claims to use one....NOT....It must be good.

:D

Giga
12-17-2004, 04:14 AM
Morley pedals are tone sucking POS's.
They have the wrong pot in them to begin with. But since Steve claims to use one....NOT....It must be good.

:D

I'm not entirely with you here Steve. This Little Alligator thing works great in front of the amp. It's really the most transparent volumepedal I've ever heard. This seems to be because of the foto electric cell it works with.
With my Diezels it also worked very well in the loop but the loop in the UL seems to be so differently layed out that the two don't mix very well.
Oh well, the one I'm using now was lying around anyway so no harm done...

Giga.

Scott Cioe
01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I have been having a bit of a problem finding a good volume pedal as well.

I had been using a Korg keyboard pedal in the loop and it just seems to affect the tone a bit too much, so I have been setting the loop "on" in series at a reduced volume for rythm and kicking the loop "off" for a lead boost. It seems to work fine, except that on the 45 and 30 it is tough to really push the amp (on the clean side especially) at reasonable volumes this way.

The global master volume on the 50/CL works great along with the channel volumes and I can set the loop to boost a signal for a lead boost.

Scott Cioe
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
I have been having a bit of a problem finding a good volume pedal as well.

I had been using a Korg keyboard pedal in the loop and it just seems to affect the tone a bit too much, so I have been setting the loop "on" in series at a reduced volume for rythm and kicking the loop "off" for a lead boost. It seems to work fine, except that on the 45 and 30 it is tough to really push the amp (on the clean side especially) at reasonable volumes this way.

The global master volume on the 50/CL works great along with the channel volumes and I can set the loop to boost a signal for a lead boost.

Update: I have been using a Boss graphic EQ in the loop lately. This allows me to push the amp; use the series loop as an attenuator and hit the EQ for a solo boost.

While I prefer sweeping up and down with a volume pedal, the Boss definately works better in the tone department with the VHT's. It also has the added benefit of allowing you to tweak the eq curve (ex: push up the mids to cut through better).

Scott

Giga
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
I settled for this solution: loop in parallel, high signal,pot maxed. I now have an old Roland volumepedal in the loop; with the pedal down I get the normal amp's volume and with the pedal up I add the stronger signal from the parallel loop. This just seems to be enough for a solo boost and it "almost" doesn't compromise the tone.

Giga.