PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: Sperzel, Earvana, fret files

FretFire
08-08-2005, 04:27 AM
I have a set of brand new, unused Sperzel tuners, 6-inline, in black. I'd really like to trade them for a chrome set of the same sort, but will also consider selling them. If you have a chrome set you'd like to trade, shoot me a PM or an email at ajmcquay(at)hotmail.com. I can take pics upon request, and for anyone who might want to buy them I figure maybe $55 shipped would work.

I also have an Earvana compensated nut, brand new and uninstalled (bought for a project that fell flat). It's the Fender style nut, in the 1 11/16" width. Black, includes all necessary parts. $25 shipped. Please disregard the other parts shown in the picture below, they are already sold.

Finally, I have some fret files from Stew-Mac (for the same project). These are also brand new and unused. I have a 4" fret beveling file and a fret end dressing file. I'm asking $30 shipped for the pair.

I accept Paypal and USPS money orders, you can check my 100% positive Ebay feedback under the moniker "ajaxmac".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/FretFire/737_3710.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/FretFire/737_3773.jpg

FretFire
08-08-2005, 02:18 PM
I also have a black Duncan JB in excellent condition, w/ logo, normal spaced, and about 12" of lead left. Again I can take pics upon request. $55 shipped

XPoopX
08-08-2005, 02:41 PM
How would this pickup work for a metal sound. I am currently using an EMG 81 and find it to be very sterile.

FretFire
08-08-2005, 03:25 PM
How would this pickup work for a metal sound. I am currently using an EMG 81 and find it to be very sterile.

I can't really comment as I hadn't installed the pickup, I was planning to try it in the bridge of the project guitar that fizzled out. I do know, however, that the JB is considered a very versatile pickup and is used by players of many genres. I know it's crunchy, with a focus in the upper mids, but I'm not sure how much low end chunk it has. Perhaps another member can comment?

FretFire
08-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Just an update, the Sperzels are no longer available and there's a sale pending on the files.

EDIT: Files are gone.

FretFire
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
The JB is gone as well now.