PDA

View Full Version : Axess Electronics AC8

autolux
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
hi there,

just got a second hand Axess AC8 and special cable for an ultralead, to control the footswitch functions via midi (eq/boost/loop/clean/lead/rhythm)

i've been following the manual http://www.axess-electronics.com/sc/axess/usrman/ac8_v1r3.pdf - and trying to get ahold of their support, but they've apparently shutup shop unfortunately. i just cannot seem to get it to work, does anyone have one that has any trouble shooting ideas? ive tried controlling it via footboard (rocktron aa), to send those msgs and the LED is flashing as tho its receiving it, its just not changing anything tho. i could well be sending the wrong msgs, but ive tried so many diff options.

KevinP
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello Autolux,
I think we may be able to give you a crash course in MIDI implantation and get everything communicating with each other nicely. Please excuse any verbiage that places assumption that you have yet to enter into the world of MIDI on much, if any, degree further than entry level. This will be done, just to make sure that we are on the same page, and if you are learning the MIDI game, that it is easy to understand.
First off, so that this reply can be tailored towards YOUR situation and gear, we need to ask a couple more questions about your setup.
a) what other offboard gear are you controlling with the All Access ? Do you have them assigned to receive on a specific MIDI channel, or are they receiving and changing parameters in OMNI mode?
b) How do you want the All Access set up? Do you want to instant access any functions on the UltraLead from the All Access? Basically, you can assign set the All Access up to change the amp channels and boost, eq and loop WITH the presets, but, as well, you can set the All Access up to utilize either 5 or 10 of the buttons as ‘stomp’ switches. Page 12 of your All Access owners manual defines the usage of preset and instant access switches.
Just don’t get frustrated, it is easy to do when dealing with MIDI, especially when you are learning it.
I look forward to hearing back from you, and getting your woes sorted out, and your rig running like a champ.

Kevin

autolux
08-16-2010, 08:58 PM
thanks for the reply kevin.

im not a midi master but i understand it, i got this sorted shortly after i posted. the documentation for the vht ul commands was wrong, i dunno whats up there maybe a strange version of the AC8 or it was customised or something.

drove me mental for a lil while. i ended up having to spend half an hour testing a range of 40 CC commands on several channels to find the right functions on the AC8.

anyway, all working awesomely, great piece of kit. i hope mario gets Axxess up again.