View Full Version : EH Octave Multiplexer & 2150

05-19-2005, 05:12 PM
OK, maybe I shouldn't be here sharing the secrets to my sound, but when I REALLY want to shake the fillings out of people's teeth and send them screaming for the bathroom, I put a Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer in front of my rig(ADA MP1 and 2150). The octave multiplexer gets funky when you play chords, it freaks out and jumps between tones like an MXR Blue Box. Most amps just sound farty when you do this at loud volumes, but the headroom and sheer power of the 2150 bring those low octaves fighting to be heard straight out and up front, shaking the very foundations of the building. And EQ'ed right(not a lot of peircing highs) you can turn up pretty loud and just get that gut rumbling feeling without it being painful.

I like to crank it up and let it ring out. If you fret your guitar in octaves(open 6th string, 7th fret on 5th string) it jumps between octaves in a cool thunderous way. If you hold a dissonant chord, it REALLY freaks out and gives you some really weird sounds.

05-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Hey ace,

Thanks for sharing the info. I have the same setup like you.
I use and ADA-MP1 3TM, ADA-MP1 MOD4II, ADAMP-1 Stock in combination with the VHT-2150 with KT-88 over 4 x 4x12 inch VHT cabinets.

My main 80' metal patch in the ADA 3TM =

OD1 4.2 OD2 7.5 MST 9.5 BASS 9 MID 4 TREB -2 PRES 8

This in combination with a gisbson les paul and the VHT2150 gives an insane crunch.

I'm very curious to know how do set up youre rig ?

Which voicing and settings do you use on the VHT-2150 ?

Which are the settings in youre ADA for youre clean,crunch and lead ?

Which guitar etc ? You know all that usually guitar stuff ?

Do you use overdive pedals etc...

05-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Hey no problem!

My MP1 is in my rack at my drummer's house right now, so I don't have it in front of me to read the settings in my presets. I use only one preset when I play live with the band I am in right now. I own a modest collections of pedals, but I also keep my pedals/effects for my live rig in the band I'm in down to a minimum as well. My settings on the MP1 are roughly as follows: DIST channel; OD1 7; OD2 7; Master VU 7; Bass 8; Mids 2; Treble 8; Prescence 6; Chorus off.

I think that's right... I tune the EQ to the room sometimes if it sounds off, or I may turn the knobs for Depth/Prescence on the 2150. I usually keep them both between 12 and 3 o'clock.

My main live guitar is a Gibson SG Special tuned to C standard with 12-60 strings.

In the end it looks something like this: