PDA

View Full Version : Cool forum, can't wait

Charvel pointy head
12-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Today, got to open up my 50 cl for the first time. I have it set to class a, seems to get more of a compressed tone that I like. I set the red and the green to the exact settings to compare and they don't sound the same at all. I actually like the green, more of a thicker tone. I'm thinking of using the red for the "clean" channel, but its really more of a marshall type clean, not totally sparkly, but thick w/ just a hint of crunch. Man this amp is way cool sounding. I don't think I'll sell this one ever. gonna love this site for sure. Hey, have a question, how come w/ the exception of the UL, these don't sell for more? They seem every bit as high quality as the Bogners I've had, which were good amps too, but this amp has the tone I like, a percussive, punchy, how a marshall should sound kind of tone. More my speed for sure. sorry for the rant.

Sonar
12-15-2004, 03:11 AM
Hey, have a question, how come w/ the exception of the UL, these don't sell for more? They seem every bit as high quality as the Bogners I've had, which were good amps too, but this amp has the tone I like, a percussive, punchy, how a marshall should sound kind of tone.

You have a valid question on the price (at least used). Should I actually be complaining that the used prices are overly reasonable? :o

I believe it's simply a matter of market saturation of many like-kind (and often "flavor-of-the-month" builders). I TRY to keep up on the market and I just can't. If the public gets a misconception about where a company or amp line fits in the market, it's hard to break down working with only a monthly ad in a guitar magazine.

Also LOTS of confusion. Folks that DON'T know VHT write it off as a heavy metal amp.....another Mesa buzz box.....another Marshall flavor....whatever. MANY people are surprised at the sounds I get from my VHT amps because they expect it to sound like a Crank Amp or a Randall WarHead or a Peavey 5150. It's often rather funny actually.

So there is serious brand confusion. I keep reading that VHT is out of business......or Fender bought VHT......or SWR bought VHT......or VHT is THD. For whatever reasons, people are generally idiots and it takes YEARS to undo some of these foolish stories and misunderstandings.

But you've got nothing to worry about now that you've got YOUR VHT. There's no secret here....it's a great, dependable amp that will serve you well if you carefully chose your VHT amp model to actually meet your needs.

Congratulations on the 50CL! :D