PDA

View Full Version : EQ add-on

beat_buzz
04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
I am going to be getting a CL50. However I already have a great 15 band EQ that I used with my Marshall. Should I still get the CL50 with the add-on EQ or will my external EQ provide the same thing. Thanks!

ValveHeavyTone
04-24-2005, 07:04 PM
seems to me the eq on my 50 cl functions a whole lot differantly than sticking a boss eq in the loop so i would go with a on board if i where you.

john_CL50
04-24-2005, 09:09 PM
seems to me the eq on my 50 cl functions a whole lot differantly than sticking a boss eq in the loop so i would go with a on board if i where you.

I totally agree. I still had a BOSS EQ when I bought my 50CL (w/EQ) so I A/B'ed the two. The BOSS was hissy and buzzy, nothing like the onboard EQ. The BOSS worked more like a very non-transparent boost instead of an EQ. In its defense though, the BOSS EQ was very effective with my old Marshall JCM900 head.

Giga
04-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Just for the heck of it I bought a GE7 last week to try in different places in the chain.
What a POS that is !!! There's a very strange vibe going when it is on and when it's off it still messes with the signal in an entirely bad way.
It made me realize VHT did an outstanding job on the on-board eq afterall...

Anybody wants to buy a 1 hour old GE7 ????

Giga.