PDA

View Full Version : Reverb help for PitBull 100w, can I add a preamp?

RocknRon
07-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I have a 100 watt Pitbull that has no reverb. Im in a Nirvana tribute Band and I want to keep my VHT as my amp because it kicks ass. But I need reverb to fatten up my clean signal. I have been playing with my clean channel clean w/ low gain and no reverb and my sound is weak. As soon as I use my Kurt Cobain stomp boxes, DS1, ect. the amp comes to life. So Im trying to get Reverb on this amp.

Im contimplating using what cobain did and thats a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp that has reverb and then into my Pitbull. Can I do this ?? Since there is a preamp already in the amp can I add a Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp before pluggin into the amp? I dont want to blow up my amp obviously.

My only other option is a Effects Processor like a Rocktron or somethin but I seem to loose alot of PUNCH and sound when I use my effects loop so I was trying to avoid using it.. Any suggestions?? Im kinda of lost here.....

HellfireSG
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
use the out of the mesa and run it into the effects return...it will by-pass the heads pre-amp and just use the power section...it works great.
The effects shouldn't be causing any loss of punch...make sure you've got the setting at +4. and the internal levels are set correctly...should be good

Cam
09-01-2008, 05:28 AM
id go for just a decent reverb stomp box myself, and run it in line with your other pedals... or you can run through the loop , you wont lose any punch etc if the settings are correct...