PDA

View Full Version : GP-3 Midi Volume Control

frunobulax
05-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I have a GP-3 Valvulator and a Beringher FCB-1010:cry: midi footcontroller (for my sins). After hours of frustration I finally got the damned foot controller to do what I wanted with the GP-3, a Lexicon MX300 reverb and the new Digitech GPS1101 (which is currently being replaced due to faulty capacitor, at least I think that's what's wrong - beware all that "we don't mess with your tone" nonesense").

Anyway, as a complete novice at all things guitar-midi, I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if the volume on the GP-3 can be controlled via midi. I can change channels, switch options on and off but I can't figure out how to utilise the FCB1010 footpedals to control the volume. I could use my volume pedal but I'm trying to reduce my stage footprint to avoid having to kill our sax player whose amazingly large feet are almost magnetically attracted to any fx connections no matter how far away from him they are at the beginning of a gig.

I know I can operate the volume of the GSP1101 from the Beringher but that's out of my rig right now and I may decide not to put it back in.

For anyone who's interested I currently play an American Standard Strat with a matched set of Seymour Duncan stacked humbuckers and my pride and joy a Hamer Sunburst USA (archtop) from 1992 with Floyd Rose and EMGs. Thanks.

Giga
05-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Bad news; you can't....

frunobulax
05-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks Giga, i was afraid of that...