PDA

View Full Version : Delay into Deliverance!?

richedie
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey!

Has anyone found a delay that works into their deliverance? I know delay is normally in the loop........but maybe somone has found THE delay for running into the front of the Deliverance?

Thanks!

Voodoopeo77
03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
AD-9 sounds great. So does the Diamond Memory Lane...My fav is the Guyatone FLIP Hybrid delay...Look these up on you tube for demos..

Most analog delays sound good in front. All depends on what sound your looking for. Delays sound darker in front to my ears. I have one in the loop on my ultra lead and I run another in front...

jbird
03-07-2008, 01:25 PM
The new MXR Carbon Copy looks nice! True Bypass! Green! I've been thinking of the same thing, though Delay is usually not the best utilized effect in front of an overdriven amp! Cleans, OK! I was wondering how something with a "ducking" effect might behave, but I'm not sure if there is a pedal with that feature: Eventide? TC Nova? Anyways, I would go for something analog, maybe true bypass, etc. as stated above, maybe the new MXR!

jbird
03-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Or, look into the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay! Said to work well in front of distortion!

HellfireSG
03-10-2008, 02:46 PM
i have 3 different maxon delay's, the AD9, the AD900, and the AD999, they all sound sweet through the front, i cant wait till i get the SIG:X and try them through the loop...it's been a long time since ive ran pedals through the loop in an amp, and im kinda excited about it....but back to the topic, i also have boss DD6, DD3, and a DM2, the DD's dont sound very good at all, but the DM sounds very cool also, but i only use that pedal for wacky delay's:twisted:

HellfireSG
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
The new MXR Carbon Copy looks nice! True Bypass! Green! I've been thinking of the same thing, though Delay is usually not the best utilized effect in front of an overdriven amp! Cleans, OK! I was wondering how something with a "ducking" effect might behave, but I'm not sure if there is a pedal with that feature: Eventide? TC Nova? Anyways, I would go for something analog, maybe true bypass, etc. as stated above, maybe the new MXR!

Ive been meaning to try this one out...looks really cool, but it is very low on my list right now...lol...im thinking about getting the soldano space box for the loop in the SIG:X....

pulverizer
04-08-2008, 04:41 AM
I have a BIYANG AD-7 in front of my deliverance. Affordable true bypass delay. It is not a real analog delay but sounds like it. I would recommend it!:twisted:

SgtThump
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
It depends on how much distortion you dial in on the Deliverance. If you dial it into a high gain monster, no delay will sound good in front of it (in my opinion.) If you dial it in for a nice crunch, a good analog delay not turned up too loud could sound pretty good. I used an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man for that purpose.

fetishfrog
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I have the first MoogerFooger analog delay and it sounds great in front, no matter how much gain I use. I did find myself setting the mix much lower than I would when I ran the delay through a loop.