PDA

View Full Version : Noise Reduction..?

jyoshcyox
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
ok..

i've recently purchased some Stomp Boxes..
and things tend to get a bit noisy.. :twisted:
what are some recommendations on a good noise reduction stompers..

Anyone use or heard:
Rocktron Hush Stomp?
The Decimator? (heard its noisier when turned off?)
Boss NS2?
Boss EQ?

Would A Valvulator Be better?
Power Conditioners?
:confused:

Cox

leadman
10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah man, I struggled with noise for a long time. Got a Boss NS2 and it worked well, if set correctly. But I don't use it anymore (let me know if you are interested in it). VHT's are exceptionally quiet amps, so I worked from my guitar on down.

It took a while, but I had good results going after the source: among other things, got a good guitar cable, got rid off some noisy pedals, powered everything with couple of MXR Bricks, rewired the pedalboard with George L's, used VHT Valvulator 1 to lift the ground, I also got rid off other ground loops (including the wiring inside my guitars), covered the guitar cavities and single coil P/Us with copper tape, made sure my V1 pre tube was not noisy at all (as well as the 12AX7 in the Valvulator), and naturally, humbuckers are way better than single coils when trying to knock down noise... My rig is whisper quiet now, even at very high gain/loud setting.

7 Dying Trees
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
ISP Decimator. The best out there, seriously. The rack version is absolutely stunning and I'll never use anything else. It's even better than the already good Boss NS-2.