PDA

View Full Version : Effects loop level?

BARHOPPER
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi, I'm sorry to have to ask such a stupid question, but I need to know about the High/Low level button on my VHT. I am going to be using a Rocktron Intellifex in the loop, which also has a button for -10/+4 level. I guess I just need to know am I correct in using the Low level setting on the amp's loop level and the -10 setting on the Intellifex to get started. Thanks for any help.

Scott Peterson
03-26-2005, 01:47 PM
The answer is try both and see what works better.

My Line 6 POD XT Live in the loop works at line level and at "pedal" -10db level. I find that the pedal level (low on the VHT) works better with the pedal. Just try the settings and listen.

BARHOPPER
03-26-2005, 09:12 PM
O.K. Thanks, I'll try it out. I just have never used a processor like this before, usually just a pedal or two in front.

vant45
03-26-2005, 09:28 PM
The answer is try both and see what works better.

My Line 6 POD XT Live in the loop works at line level and at "pedal" -10db level. I find that the pedal level (low on the VHT) works better with the pedal. Just try the settings and listen.

Hey Scott, I tried older POD 2.0 in the PB45 loop and on my simple rig, just messed up the transparents and incredible honest tone too much. Ultimately had to go to outside pedals, L6 DL4, TS-9 TubeScreamer, Boss DD-3 chorus, and sometimes few others. Works lots more huge.

Scott Peterson
03-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Scott, I tried older POD 2.0 in the PB45 loop and on my simple rig, just messed up the transparents and incredible honest tone too much. Ultimately had to go to outside pedals, L6 DL4, TS-9 TubeScreamer, Boss DD-3 chorus, and sometimes few others. Works lots more huge.

Well, I have some wicked cool boutique pedals (Red Witch Moon Phaser, Fulltone Clyde, couple of custom Rastop pedals, etc) and I'll tell you straight up the XTL sounds damn good. Not *as* good individually perhaps; but you'd have to understand my rig to get why I went this way. The tones are excellent; but I do not use any distortions at all from the XTL.

To each their own man! It's *all* good!

vant45
03-26-2005, 09:58 PM
No doubt my friend.....