PDA

View Full Version : Loop on or off?

thane
03-20-2005, 02:52 PM
If you do not have anything in the loop, should you have it off or on? I know the answer is probably "whatever you like best" but I was just wondering as it seems to make the amp louder with the loop on and the level up full.

rbone100
03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
If you do not have anything in the loop, should you have it off or on? I know the answer is probably "whatever you like best" but I was just wondering as it seems to make the amp louder with the loop on and the level up full.

I leave mine set so that when I hit the loop button I get an increase in volume in any channel. This is my "solo" button!

Scott Peterson
03-20-2005, 09:32 PM
I run my loop as part of my rig using my POD XT Live in it; but have it set up so I have all the sounds with the loop off too.

Whatever way you like better is my answer.

If it sounds good, it is good.

:D

john_CL50
03-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I was told that the FX loop is tube driven which explains the increase in volume. I have my FX loop engaged all the time for that reason. Plus, now I have a reverb pedal in the loop. Before, I was using it as a full-time boost. To me, the more preamp tubes that are glowing, the better!

tubebury
03-21-2005, 02:24 AM
It's OK to leave the effects loop engaged if you want and are not using it. There is a 'boost' effect with the level turned up! Nice! Another cool thing is that if you want to play with less volume and still keep have the master volume cranked up, just LOWER the loop level control and this will reduce your overall volume. I don't notice a whole bunch more noise with the loop IN and cranked.

I suppose if you are a purist and want the least amount of signal loss, just disengage the loop. I wonder how many of you guys use the loop in series vs: parallel???

Brian

psychometal
03-22-2005, 10:10 PM
I run my UL using the series loop with a Boss delay, reverb, and Dunlop rotovibe. Didn't like the sound using parallel but maybe I haven't given it a chance. The VHT website states that parallel is better suited for these pedals. One day I may try it - who knows!

Blackacid
03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
I leave mine set so that when I hit the loop button I get an increase in volume in any channel. This is my "solo" button!

This is how I use mine as well.

Giga
03-23-2005, 05:17 AM
I have it in series, high signal, pot maxed with a volumepedal in it. Works great.

Giga.