PDA

View Full Version : Just Won a Rocktron Xpression for CL-50 off E-Bay

TexasAxeSlinger
05-27-2007, 02:30 AM
I just got my FatBottom 4 x12 Straight Cabinet for my new CL-50 w/eq. I just Won a Rocktron Xpression off Ebay for $189 + $15 shipping.

Is this going to be a good unit for this amp? I really just want a good delay and a chorus sometimes, although the cleans in this amp are not super super clean (as I knew). I hope I like it.

Anyone using this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,suggestions?

Gary

harbinger
05-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey Gary, this is a bit off-tangent, but i have a 50CL as well and i recently got a Xotic BB preamp to go with it (highly recommended by the nice folks on this forum). Let me tell you, it goes awesomely with the 50CL!

I use it to add a bit more saturation to the palm mutes, and it really does the job. Only problem is now its a bit noisy, am looking to get an ISP Decimator to get it quiet again...the irony.

TexasAxeSlinger
05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks. I wasn't too happy with the CL-50 and Fatbottom upon 1st play, WITH my ErnieBall Music Man LUKE with EMG's. Swapped to my OLD Inbanez Roadstar and sounded 100 times better.

I think I remeber seeeing a clip of Andy Timmons using a BB Pre Amp. It just gives a little more umph! right? Do you just use it in the loop.

Is it a stomp Box? I will have to check it out.

Gary

harbinger
05-28-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks. I wasn't too happy with the CL-50 and Fatbottom upon 1st play, WITH my ErnieBall Music Man LUKE with EMG's. Swapped to my OLD Inbanez Roadstar and sounded 100 times better.

I think I remeber seeeing a clip of Andy Timmons using a BB Pre Amp. It just gives a little more umph! right? Do you just use it in the loop.

Is it a stomp Box? I will have to check it out.

Gary

Yeah, neither was i, but it grows on you after awhile. The sheer array of controls are daunting, and it'll take some time to figure out the settings which works best for you.

The BB is a stompbox, i use it in front of the amp as its basically an overdrive.