PDA

View Full Version : My simple little set up

XPoopX
05-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Just got my 50cl w/EQ and fired it up. WOW!! I feel like the biggest fool for ever selling my Ultra Lead! Here's the set up. Guitar > TS808 > Tuner > NS1 > 50cl > Mesa 2x12 w/v30s > Deliverance 4x12.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g66/xgodfreex/IMG00041.jpg

Now I just gotta get my Frenzel on top of there.

TexasAxeSlinger
05-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey, Did you liek your Ultra Lead Better? I just got my Straight FatBottom 4x12 and finally plugged in my CL-50 head w/ EQ.

Just curious if you Liek your CL-50 in general and what is the difference between the CL and UL since you have both?

Gary

XPoopX
05-31-2007, 12:17 PM
That's a tough one. There are definite advantages of each one. I prefer the tones and the headroom of the Ultra Lead a little bit more than the CL. However, I did not like the shared EQ of the rythym and lead channels of the UL and love having them separated on the CL. I really never use a clean channel so I don't miss it at all. The 50 Watts is plenty loud but I am curious about replacing the EL34's with something else as I have never been a really big fan of them anyway.

Can anyone tell me if I would be okay with flipping the switch to 6L6's on the back and putting a pair of KT88's in there? and what should I expect as far as a tone variation?

Giga
05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
That's a tough one. There are definite advantages of each one. I prefer the tones and the headroom of the Ultra Lead a little bit more than the CL. However, I did not like the shared EQ of the rythym and lead channels of the UL and love having them separated on the CL. I really never use a clean channel so I don't miss it at all. The 50 Watts is plenty loud but I am curious about replacing the EL34's with something else as I have never been a really big fan of them anyway.

Can anyone tell me if I would be okay with flipping the switch to 6L6's on the back and putting a pair of KT88's in there? and what should I expect as far as a tone variation?

Not a wise move, but you could try KT77's. I love them in my 2/50/2. Takes out a lot of the harsh upper mids. Smooths out the highs a bit and gives more percussive bass.

Giga.

romvert
06-24-2007, 05:31 PM

Don't flip the switch! The kT77's are direct replacement for EL34's.