PDA

View Full Version : Pedal Sounds

ST8R
11-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Anyone know how to get the best 80's Metallica sound??

gftriad
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Out of what gear you want to get 80's metallica sound?

VHT-J-CAN
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I could be wrong but I think they were using one of the Mark series (4?) amps from Mesa in the 80's.

If you want to get their tone now.......buy a Krank:mrgreen:

romvert
11-22-2006, 10:56 PM
The mark 4 was the 80's sound.Now it's rectifiers all around.The new Roadster sounds like an intriguing entry...

Kelly
11-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Theyve used Mark IIcs, Marshalls, Rectos, Wizards, Diezels, and who-knows-what on albums. Live they use Mesa and/or Marshall preamps. The Deliverance does a great "Master of Puppets/Justice" tone. Every Boogie Ive tried out in the last few years sounded too farty, they arent as reliable as they used to be, and they screwed over their dealers in the Stilleto deal. Trace at Voodoo Amps also refuses to mod some of their amps because they use crappy parts and he doesnt want to be responsible when they break. Er, dunno why I feel like raggin on them tonight, but I do...

romvert
11-23-2006, 11:53 AM
They've become so large that all they care about is selling numbers...there's a fine line between making money and respectability in this land of ours...
Personally I never liked mesa stuff except for being attracted to the Rectal-verb (no pun) for about five minutes...actually that is the only model that I like for heavy dist. ,out of the line6 pod...

gftriad
11-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow, I didn't know that mesa is taking care about business instead quality...
BTW, i really like the way mark series sound, since those they stopped make any good IMHO:mrgreen:

Once I found a cool website about metallica's gear through the years/albums, but I don't have the link anymore...